Affiliate members wishing to host NMYSA sanctioned tournaments must submit a request for sanctioning at least 60 days prior to the scheduled event. Documents required for considerations must include
The Application to Host and Hosting Agreement must be accompanied by the tournament rules and game formats. Tournaments cannot be advertised until the sanctioning forms have been approved by NMYSA. Game formats must conform to USSF Mandates below. For hosting international teams, please contact NMYSA at email@example.com for additional documents/USSF approval.
|Age Group||U6||U7||U8||U9||U10||U11||U12||U13||U14 & Above|
|# OF PLAYERS||4v4||4v4||4v4||7v7||7v7||9v9||9v9||11v11||11v11|
|Up to Playing Minutes||4 X 10||4 X 10||4 X 10||2 X 25||2 X 25||2 X 30||2 X 30||2 X 35||2 X 35-45|
|Up to Break Min.||5||5||5||10||10||10||10||15||15|
|Field Size||25-35 x 15-25||25-35 x 15-25||25-35 x 15-25||55-65 x 35 -45||55-65 x 35 -45||70-80 x 45-55||70-80 x 45-55||110 x 70||115 x 75|
|Goal Size||4 X 6||4 X 6||4 X 6||6.5 X 12**||6.5 X 12**||6.5 X 18.5**||6.5 X 18.5**||8 X 24||8 X 24|
|Up to Roster Size||8||8||8||12||12||16||16||22||22|
* No punting or drop kicks
** Can use (U9 & U10 6.5 x 18.5) (U11 & U12 7 x 21)
*** Offside modified to use build out line
**** Heading allowed in games – limited in practice for U12-U14
For U8 and below divisions there must be a predetermined number of games, no advancement, and no placement awards. Playing Rules must conform to the USSF Game Formats above. Click here for sample playing rules.
All players and coaches must be registered for the current seasonal year and have a current laminated pass card. Coaches must also have a medical release for each player, a state-approved roster and if applicable, guest player authorizations.
Post Tournament Reports
Reports are due to the NMYSA office along with the tournament sanctioning fees with 30 days of the event. Post Tournament Reports include;
1. A copy of the Tournament Program if applicable with Rules of Play
2. NMYSA Referee Report Form (Red Card Tracking). Form available on the NMYSA website at www.nmysa.net, forms.
3. Credentials Report, (list and credential exceptions/event issues). Form available on the NMYSA website at www.nmysa.net, forms.
4. Sanctioning fees per team of $21.00 for 11v11, $19.00 for 9v9, $17.00 for 7v7, $15.00 for 5v5, $14.00 for 4v4 and $13.00 for 3v3.
5. List of Participating teams, their divisions, and Champions for each.
6. Number of Fields used.
7. Any incident of referee assault or referee abuse by a player, coach, manager/spectator, club official, or game official must be reported no later than 48 hours after the incident and should be reflected in the post-tournament report.
If your event includes “Stay and Play”, you must disclose the required hotel/motel names and guaranteed rates on the tournament application and adhere to the NMYSA Stay and Play policy.
Hosting organizations must be familiar with/abide by the NMYSA Golf Cart Policies, Travel & Tournament Manual, General Procedures & Rules, posted player safety updates/COVID Safe Practices, facility EVP, and Concussion Policies.