By participating in NMYSA Esports, players and their families benefit from the connection and support of a community while reducing their risks online.
Addressing the risks…
Much of the risks in esports and online gaming come from anonymous, unsupervised environments where our youth can be especially vulnerable.
- Interactions with bad actors and communications with unverified adults
- Predatory risks and grooming
- Bullying and harassment
- Online toxicity and negativity
- Excessive screen time and imbalance with other activities
- Improper health and exercise habits
- Limited checks and balances
- No content ratings for online gaming – Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) excludes online interactions from all video game ratings
How is NMYSA keeping esports athletes safe?
With NMYSA Esports, we have taken extra steps to address these risks and support our youth on and off the field.
- Private online community and events secured by verification software
- Only accessible to registered and verified NMYSA members
- Supervised online interactions by screened and SafeSport trained administrators
- Community supported programs with positive values and coaching
- Promotes inclusivity, anti-bullying, and anti-toxicity for all
- NMYSA utilizes age appropriate video games and content
- Provides support and balance in sports and esports alike