Research shows that esports and online gaming offer a wide range of benefits that often mirror the benefits players experience on the field. NMYSA’s expansion into esports carries these benefits from the pitch to the virtual world by offering new opportunities to continue the development of critical skills such as teamwork, effective communication, cognitive skills, and so much more.
Read on to learn about the many benefits esports offers.
- Increases teamwork and communication skills
- Opportunities of engagement with friends and peers
- Promotes problem solving and cognitive skills
- Improves hand eye coordination and memory
- Enhances 21st century skills – critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, etc.
- Provides STEM educational experiences and technological literacy
- Esports scholarships are offered at more than 200+ universities with a network of career opportunities
- Provides a safe, community supported environment for esports and online gaming
- Reduces online interactions between youth and potential predators
- Instills community values to support positive experiences on and off the field
- Promotes inclusivity, anti-bullying, and anti-toxicity for all
- Provides support and balance in sports and esports alike
Club & League Benefits
- Enables off-season programs and experiences to increase community engagement and value
- Increases program access and inclusivity for community members that may be prevented from playing traditional sports by cause of disability, covid-19, or otherwise.
- Increases overall brand value and community offerings
- Provides additional revenue streams and support to existing athletic programs
- Esports can be integrated cohesively and scheduled around existing programs
- Esports can be supported virtually with reduced costs (no field rentals, no field maintenance, no participant accident insurance, no referees, and reduced administrative resources)