The New Mexico Youth Soccer Association fully subscribes to the US Youth Soccer KidSafe initiatives, the USYS Code of Conduct, USSF Recognize to Recover and has established a statewide risk management program. As part of that program, all coaches and program administrators must submit to a sensitive criminal history background check, complete the CDC's Concussion Certification for Coaches and be SafeSport trained annually. For detailed information on the NMYSA Risk Management Program, you can view the NMYSA Risk Management Program in its entirety. To complete the electronic background check disclosure, access the concussion training and SafeSport training, coaches must register with their League/Club.
Coaching/Adult Athlete Credentialing Requirements
Youth Athlete/Parent SafeSport Training
- All NMYSA Coaches must complete the CDC Heads Up Concussion online course every year. The course is available online by clicking here. Once complete, please save your completion certificate to upload to your coach record.
- All NMYSA coaches are required to take the SafeSport online course and the refresher course every year thereafter. Once you complete the SafeSport or refresher training, the Stack system will automatically update your Stack profile if you use the same email to register. However, please save your completion certificate in the event you need to upload the certificate to your Stack profile. This course is available through your league/club registration link.
If you are a player turning 18 during the seasonal year, you must also take SafeSport training to participate after you turn 18. To access the training, please click here and use the code YC3E-6P5G-YYIL-CS2M. Please download your certificate and submit a copy of your completion certificate to email@example.com.
We are required to offer parents and youth players free SafeSport training. We highly recommend that all parents and youth players take the free SafeSport training available here!
To report a concern of suspected Child Abuse or Sexualized Misconduct please follow these steps:1. Contact your local club or league to report the incident, (your league/club will contact our office) or
3. NMYSA will notify USSF and file a report with the Center for SafeSport .
For any other concerns or for questions concerning SafeSport requirements, please contact our office at 505-830-2245.
Useful Risk Management forms/tools:
- Parent Fact Sheet
- Hoja Informativa para los Padres
- Coach's Fact Sheet
- Law Enforcement Non-Emergency Numbers
- SafeSport Training (Select US Soccer)
- US Youth Soccer "KidSafe" initiatives, (click here).
- NMYSA Concussion Policy[06/20]
- NMYSA Golf Cart Policy and Procedure
- USYSA Policy on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (Drones) - Adopted by NMYSA [2/18]
- NMYSA Cyberbullying Policy
- Soccer Related Injury Insurance Claims Information [rev 09/18]