The New Mexico Youth Soccer Association fully subscribes to the USYS Code of Conduct, USSF Recognize to Recover, SafeSport MAAPP, (Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy) and has established a statewide risk management program. As part of that program, all coaches and program administrators must submit to a sensitive criminal history background check, complete the Concussion training through the USSF Learning Center and be SafeSport trained, (initial training and annual refresher every). For detailed information on the NMYSA Risk Management Program, you can view the NMYSA Risk Management Program in its entirety. To complete the electronic background check disclosure, access the concussion training and SafeSport training, coaches must register with their League/Club.
Coaching/Adult Athlete Credentialing Requirements
Youth Athlete/Parent SafeSport Training
- All NMYSA Coaches must complete Concussion training online through the USSF Learning Center every other year. The course is available online through your league/club registration portal. Once training is complete, the course completion will automatically record to your record via an API.
- All NMYSA coaches are required to take the SafeSport online courses, (Safe Sport Trained Core course year one), (refresher, "Recognizing & Reporting Misconduct" year 2), and (refresher, "Creating a Positive Sports Environment" year 3) and then they repeat the "SafeSport Trained" core course and refreshers in year 4 again. Once you complete the SafeSport training, the course completion will automatically update to your registration record in your club's portal through an API. However, please save your completion certificate in the event you need to upload the certificate to your registration profile in Sports Connect. This course is available through your league/club registration link.
If you are a player turning 18 during the seasonal year, you must also take SafeSport training to participate after you turn 18. To access the training, please register through your club portal as an adult participant and complete the training. Please download your SafeSport Completion Certificate for your record. Please download your certificate and submit a copy of your completion certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are required to offer parents and youth players free SafeSport training. We highly recommend that all parents and youth players take the free SafeSport training available here!
To report a concern of suspected Child Abuse or Sexualized Misconduct please follow these steps:1. Contact your local club or league to report the incident, (your league/club will contact our office) or
3. NMYSA will notify USSF and file a report with the Center for SafeSport .
For any other concerns or for questions concerning SafeSport requirements, please contact our office at 505-830-2245.
Useful Risk Management forms/tools:
- Parent Fact Sheet
- Hoja Informativa para los Padres
- Coach's Fact Sheet
- Law Enforcement Non-Emergency Numbers
- SafeSport Training (Select US Soccer)
- US Youth Soccer "KidSafe" initiatives, (click here).
- NMYSA Concussion Policy[06/20]
- NMYSA Golf Cart Policy and Procedure
- USYSA Policy on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (Drones) - Adopted by NMYSA [2/18]
- NMYSA Cyberbullying Policy
- Soccer Related Injury Insurance Claims Information - visit NMYSA's website, (resources/insurance)